The new version of our website is live today, we hope you like it! Early registration for our online service starts now, with the full platform online very soon.
- Now the hangover has passed and we are back into daily routine here are three simple things you should sort out in the New Year to keep your AFFairs In Order (thats the origin of the affio name). Write your Will – it should take between half an hour and an hour to do on […]Read More »
- A new exhibition at Somerset House in London is shining a light on William Shakespeares life through legal documents and its centrepiece is the bard’s Last Will and Testament. Notoriously Shakespeare left his second best bed to his wife Anne Hathaway – not, it would seem, much of an inheritance for his wife! However her […]Read More »
- In his mini-budget on Wednesday George Osborne confirmed that a couple would be able to leave a home worth up to £1million to their children without incurring any inheritance tax. From 2017 a new transferable £175,000 allowance will be introduced for homes being left to children or grandchildren to run alongside the existing £325,000. He […]Read More »
- “We must get the Will sorted” is a conversation couples have every few years. It is often prompted by some family event or change in circumstance and may be greeted by one of the parties with an unenthusiastic sigh, after all it all sounds a bit of a chore. What we have found at Affio […]Read More »
- If you haven’t made a will, you’re in good company — or should I say bad company, because some of the excuses are up there with “the dog ate my homework”. According to some research done last year, more than half the adult population of the UK doesn’t have a will. Reasons why include: it […]Read More »